Available Now - Our Buildings - Commercial
This building was originally built in stages from 1910 – 1930 for the Manz Corporation, an engraving and commercial printing company. They grew to occupy the entire building which, at its largest, extended from Belle Plaine Avenue to Irving Park Road and across the alley to another building on Hermitage Avenue.
With the decline in manufacturing in Chicago in the 1960’s and the deterioration of the surrounding neighborhood, the Manz Corporation vacated the building and relocated to the suburbs. The buildings fell into disrepair and some parts of it were sold off.
The building became a run-down, multi-tenant industrial building until the year 2000 when it became largely vacant and tied up in litigation. Hayes Properties purchased the building in 2005 and began restoration at that time. The walnut paneling in this building was removed from the original executive offices, which occupied the second floor, and was restored and reinstalled as a part of the restoration. This building is approximately 90,000 sq ft.