Available Now - Our Buildings - Commercial
This 135,000 square foot double courtyard building was built in the 1920’s as the headquarters for the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad Co. The only reason it can be assumed that they built their headquarters so far from the Loop is that the land was available and it was next to their train stop. In 1920, Ravenswood still had a few farms and was considered “way out” there. In 1980 the building was sold to Newark Electric Co. They are a Fortune 500 company that distributes electrical components throughout the world. At one time the company employed over 500 people in this location. In 2012 they made the decision to relocate to the West Loop. The 4801 building was showing its age and due to operating efficiencies the headquarters staff was down to 300 people.
Hayes Properties, Inc. and its partners purchased the building and in Oct, 2014 started work to completely remodel the building and give it a much needed face lift. The building is being reconfigured for loft office use with spaces starting at 1,000 square feet. Most offices will have hardwood floors, small kitchens, individual electric and new heat and air conditioning equipment with exposed spiral ductwork. Every aspect of the building is being redone including new communication capabilities. Storage lockers and off street parking are available. First occupancies took place during the first quarter of 2016. The building is in the middle of the rapidly changing Lawrence Ave streetscape and offers excellent shopping, lunch and transportation options.
Please contact our office for the latest availability.