At Hayes Properties, we continue to monitor the latest updates regarding COVID-19 and are adjusting our business practices as the situation evolves to protect our tenants and employees.
Best Practices for Tenants
Given the order by Governer Pritzker to shelter in place until 4/7/20, we ask complete cooperation among all of our residents and commercial tenants. This is a global health crisis with far reaching effects and as citizens of Chicago we are to comply with the request of the state and local government. Should you need to leave for an approved reason, please be mindful of practicing appropriate social distancing in common areas.
- All tenants are to respect the 6ft. social distance rule to keep appropriate space between you and others in lobbies, elevators, laundry rooms.
- Timely updates will be emailed and notices may be posted in common areas. If you feel a need to reach out your neighbors, leave your contact information under their doors so they can communicate via email or text if they need something.
- Please continue to take the precautions issued by the CDC and State of Illinois regarding tracking symptoms, self-isolating and consistent washing of hands and commonly used surfaces. Please refer to the link below for an excellent guide from the City of Chicago:https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home.html?sah
Hayes Properties Office & Maintenance
Our office staff is working remotely and will continue to do so through 4/7/20 with only critical staff on site as needed. We ask that you do not come to our offices and instead communicate by e-mail, phone, or via the online maintenance request form.
Regarding our day to operations, Hayes Properties will only be completing essential or emergency maintenance work in occupied apartments until further notice. Examples include: no hot water, no heat, non-working toilets, leaks, or appliance repairs. *Please indicate in your request if there are any health related issues to be aware of. We may need to make alternative repairs based on such a situation*.
Many residents have been diligent about wiping down surfaces in their homes and at the building. We appreciate your efforts and extend our thanks. We ask that all paper towels and wipes (including flushable wipes) be discarded in the trash rather than in toilets.
Our in-house maintenance staff will continue to focus on increased cleaning of common areas and high-touch surfaces.
If you are not already signed up to make online rent payments, please consider signing up on our website at this time. Many residents have questions regarding their rent. Please email your property manager to discuss your concerns.
Checks may also be dropped off in our drop box, located on the right side of the entrance at 4043 N. Ravenswood. If you wish to pay rent via check, please mail it to our office, located at:
4043 N. Ravenswood, Suite 210,
Chicago, IL 60613.
Public Health Recommendations
We continue to rely on the guidance and recommendations from the Chicago Department of Public Health, the Illinois Department of Public Health and the National Centers for Disease Control to inform our decisions and plans. As we all continue to look for answers, we encourage you to look to local, state and federal authorities as your source for information. You can stay up to date on COVID-19 through the following resources:
- Chicago Department of Public Health: www.chicago.gov/coronavirus
- Illinois Department of Public Health: www.dph.illinois.gov
- National Centers for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Our thoughts go out to everyone facing the challenges of COVID-19 as we face this together as a community.